Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Today's Military haul...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    As decided a week ago, I made a trip to TRU today.

    Scored floppy-hat Marine Recon, black Sniper, Navy SEAL, and white Army Desert Infantry. The only one they didn’t have was the Ranger, which I was looking for to see if Dion's likeness really wasn't used.

    Just wow… this has to be the line that I’ve enjoyed most from McFarlane in at least a year.

    I like these so much, I’m at a loss for words right now. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    <font size="1">I would’ve included this with the other thread, but the mood for that one didn’t seem happy enough to mention a haul.</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Galactus the Planet Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    1,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep Daj, got those figures this week. Saw the box set at TRU, I'll get it next week (there were about 10 sets).

    I gotta agree, the detail on these is astonishing. MF has truely gotten to a level that is unmatched for the price. You can see the straps on the Army desert infantry fig.

    Daj - can you tell me the name of each gun on the figures?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nomalas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Galactus the Planet Eater:
    Yep Daj, got those figures this week. Saw the box set at TRU, I'll get it next week (there were about 10 sets).

    I gotta agree, the detail on these is astonishing. MF has truely gotten to a level that is unmatched for the price. You can see the straps on the Army desert infantry fig.

    Daj - can you tell me the name of each gun on the figures?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just go here.....
    http://www.spawn.com/features/military1/

    Each figure shows what type of weapon is used.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, and without even looking at the packaging:

    Marine Recon - M4A1 assault rifle with silencer, sidearm pistol.

    Army Desert Infantry- M4A1 assault rifle w/ grenade launcher, Hechler & Koch USP (Universal Self-Loading Pistol (I can recognize that gun from anywhere)

    Sniper- Barrett (I think) M82A1 rifle (this baby can kill over a mile away), sidearm pistol.

    SEAL- MP5A3

    And the ones I don't have yet-

    Army Ranger- SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon)

    Special Ops. Command - M16A1 assault rifle w/ grenade launcher

    I think all those are right.

    EDIT: I don't recognize the sidearms for the rest of the Soldiers.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano? ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Galactus the Planet Eater:
    Yep Daj, got those figures this week. Saw the box set at TRU, I'll get it next week (there were about 10 sets).

    I gotta agree, the detail on these is astonishing. MF has truely gotten to a level that is unmatched for the price. You can see the straps on the Army desert infantry fig.

    Daj - can you tell me the name of each gun on the figures?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just go here.....
    http://www.spawn.com/features/military1/

    Each figure shows what type of weapon is used.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, cheater, you were supposed to let me post what I already knew and then refer to the feature to see if I was right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Galactus the Planet Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    1,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dajistano?:
    Yep, and without even looking at the packaging:

    Marine Recon - M4A1 assault rifle with silencer, sidearm pistol.

    Army Desert Infantry- M4A1 assault rifle w/ grenade launcher, Hechler & Koch USP (Universal Self-Loading Pistol (I can recognize that gun from anywhere)

    Sniper- Barrett (I think) M82A1 rifle (this baby can kill over a mile away), sidearm pistol.

    SEAL- MP5A3

    And the ones I don't have yet-

    Army Ranger- SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon)

    Special Ops. Command - M16A1 assault rifle w/ grenade launcher

    I think all those are right.

    EDIT: I don't recognize the sidearms for the rest of the Soldiers.


    <font color="#cd6600"><font size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano? ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can't argue with an expert. Thanks. If you can't find the box set, LMK.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nomalas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dajistano?:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nomalas:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Galactus the Planet Eater:
    Yep Daj, got those figures this week. Saw the box set at TRU, I'll get it next week (there were about 10 sets).

    I gotta agree, the detail on these is astonishing. MF has truely gotten to a level that is unmatched for the price. You can see the straps on the Army desert infantry fig.

    Daj - can you tell me the name of each gun on the figures?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just go here.....
    http://www.spawn.com/features/military1/

    Each figure shows what type of weapon is used.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, cheater, you were supposed to let me post what I already knew and then refer to the feature to see if I was right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I knew ya knew, ya know? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not really an expert on all guns, just a select few.


    Hey - didya know that the muzzle velocity for the Steyr AUG is about 1,300 FPS?

    steyr aug a1

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    And I love when I'm watching a movie, and I say, "Hey, I recognize that gun."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nomalas's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Dajistano?:
    I'm not really an expert on all guns, just a select few.


    Hey - didya know that the muzzle velocity for the Steyr AUG is about 1,300 FPS?

    steyr aug a1

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    And I love when I'm watching a movie, and I say, "Hey, I recognize that gun."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, I shoulda bought that rifle 20 years ago when I had the chance! [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I DO love my Steyr GB though! One of the best handguns I've EVER fired. (and that's a LOT!)

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Nomalas ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never fired the AUG, but judging by Karl from Die Hard and Big Daddy from Land of the Dead, it looks pretty cool.

    But then again, the muzzle blasts and such were probably exaggerated for the effect. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Dajistano? ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •